A while ago I made a similar block with 4 fabric strips of the same width. This time I tried with 5 fabric strips of different widths and this is one of the blocks I got.
The choice of fabrics is important. It works best with high contrasting fabrics and colours.
Do you like it?
How to make this block from 5 fabric strips
Learn how to make this block in 2 minutes:
If you enjoy my video tutorials, subscribe to my Youtube channel.
- 1 red 1 3/4 x 10 inch strip
- 1 light green 2 1/2 inch x 10 inch strip
- 1 yellow 3 1/2 x 10 inch strip
- 1 light red 2 1/2 x 10 inch strip
- 1 dark green 1 3/4 x 10 inch strip
12 1/2 inch square.
Arranging the block
After the tutorial you get 4 pieces, two of each:
Arrange the 4 pieces to make the block:
Quilt layouts with this block