- Calico or cream coloured fabric
- Fabric scraps for border and binding
- Matching fabric to cover button
- Stranded cotton in red
- 2 self cover buttons
Embroidery stitches used
- Stem stitch for star, lettering and tree trunk
- French knots and fern stitch for the branches
Calico fabric: 9.5in x 13 in for the embroidery.
Border: 2 x strips of 13 in x 3.5 in and 2 strips of 19.5 in x 3.5 in
Binding: a strip of 2.5 in wide fabric. Fold in half before stitching to the quilt sandwich
Embroidery pattern by Gail Pan Designs.
After the embroidery is complete, assemble the quilt sandwich and prepare it for quilting.
Quilt together using stipple quilting. The closer together the stitches the stiffer the end result.
Attach the border.
The hanging tabs are made of 2 rectangles measuring 8.5 in x 4.5 in each sewn in a tube.
The buttons are covered in a matching fabric.
Stitch tabs to finished wall hanging.