Finished quilt size is 56 x 56 inches.
Quilt top and back
- 3 charm packs with 42 x 5 inch squares each in total for front and back. The front uses 100 charm squares. I used Moda Boutique charm packs
- 1 fat quarter of dark fabric for the small squares
- over 4 yards of off-white fabric
Quilt top block construction
Finished block size (before assembly) is 10 inches.
The top is made out of 25 blocks in total assembled with a traditional centre sashing technique.
For each block you will need to cut:
- 4 charm squares
- 4 x 1 ½ inch x 5 inch strips
- 1 x 1 ½ inch small square
For the whole quilt top you will need:
- 100 5 inch squares
- 100 5 x ½ inches white strips
- 25 1 ½ x 1 ½ small centre squares
Assemble squares to suit your taste. I paired 2 of each fabric design in one single colour where possible. This tutorial illustrates how the blocks are assembled. I did the assembly in the traditional centre sashing technique.
Finished block size is 11 ½ inches.
For the off-white corner blocks and triangles cut:
- three 16-inch blocks cut on both diagonals
- two 8 3/8″ blocks cut once on the diagonal
I used How to set on point tutorial to help me calculate the size of the off-white blocks.
Back of the quilt
- 25 charm squares
- 20 x 5 inch squares in white
- 5 inch white/cream fabric strips
- 10 inch wide strips for the border
The quilt is stipple quilted and the binding is the same fabric as the background cream.
Thanks to Julie from Stoneview for helping me adjust the fabric requirements and measurements.
Thanks to Marcia for giving the quilt a name.