This block looks hard yet it is super easy to make with foundation piecing. It’s also a beginner foundation piecing bock.
If you’ve watched the video you will have seen how many quilt layouts you can make with this block. And that’s just a tiny fraction of what it’s possible.
How to make a Storm at sea block two ways
Watch a short video demonstrating how to make the simple and double storm at sea blocks:
Storm at sea block size
- Simple: 9 1/2 inches.
- Double: 12 1/2 inches.
Download the templates
- Storm at sea foundation piecing templates (pdf)
- Christmas storm at sea tiny pattern (pdf). It contains the foundation piecing pattern and a one page pattern with fabric needs and quilt diagram.
- Free colouring page (pdf). Make your own quilt layout!
How can you get my weekly videos?
- Look for the FOLLOW my blog button at the top to get my weekly video tutorials in your inbox.
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Also you can follow me on: