Trellis is a quick and easy modern quilt pattern suitable for beginners. This quilt has no Y seams to deal with.
It works just as well with solids and print fabrics.
Have a look at the quilt and test sample quilts on this 1:30 minute video:
Buy Trellis quilt pattern
Buy Trellis quilt pattern on Craftsy
Buy Trellis dream quilt pattern on Etsy
About the quilt
- 5 quilt sizes: Cushion, crib, throw, twin, queen.
- Quilt technique: traditionally piecing.
- Skill level: Confident beginner.
- In the 15 page pattern I have included lots of colour diagrams as well as written instructions.
- Bonus: links to relevant video tutorials, alternative colour schemes as well as a quilt colouring page.
I’d like to thank the great testers who tested and proofread the pattern for their generosity:
- Steph Tow
- Lynne from Sydney;
- Pam Bosworth
- Carol Leitch
- Bridgette Presnell
- Dan from Melbourne
I hope you like my quilt and enjoy making it.
If you have any questions about the pattern, please feel free to contact me via the form on the About this blog page.
Learn to make this Hidden wells quilt block using 5 strips of fabric in 2 minutes:
- 1 red 1 3/4 x 10 inch strip
- 1 light green 2 1/2 inch x 10 inch strip
- 1 yellow 3 1/2 x 10 inch strip
- 1 light red 2 1/2 x 10 inch strip
- 1 dark green 1 3/4 x 10 inch strip
Unfinished block size
12 3/4 inch square.
Arranging the block
After the tutorial you get 4 pieces, two of each:
Repeat the tutorial
To make these blocks you need to make the tutorial twice and get 8 pieces that you’ll arrange into these 2 blocks:
I came across this technique many years ago. It’s called “tube quilting”.
Making blocks for this quilt goes very quickly. You can make a quilt in no time using this technique.
Download the mini pattern
Eccentric diamond quilt free pattern (1.7MB).
Learn to make a simple Bargello block for this quilt
Learn in 2 minutes:
Unfinished: 10 1/2 inches.
If you like my videos, subscribe and be notified every time I post a new tutorial.