How to make a Ohio star quilt block
The video demonstrates how to make this very easy Ohio star block.
Use strong contrast between fabrics for best results.
Note: on minute 0:8 it says 5 1/2” squares. It should say 5 1/4”.
How to use this block?
Check out my My lucky stars quilt pattern.
Buy My lucky stars quilt pattern on Etsy.
- Size: 66″ x 66″
- Quilt technique: traditional piecing or foundation paper piecing
- Skill level: Confident beginner.
- Fabric collection: I made the quilt on the cover from my old stash but I designed with Moda Farm Fresh collection in mind and the main diagrams use that fabric collection. This collection has very suitable black and white fabrics, even acqua that will make a beautiful quilt.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Have you made any of my quilts or tutorials?
If you make any of my tutorials and upload pictures to Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder on private message me in Facebook with some photos and I’ll post them for everyone to see!