How to make a disappearing hourglass block
Learn to make this block in 2 minutes:
Correction: the initial 4 half square triangles need to be trimmed to 4 1/2 inch square.
The block is 7 1/2 inches (7 inches finished).
- Two 5 inch squares in green
- Two 5 inch squares in red
- Two 5 inch squares in one colour
- One 5 inch square in a contrasting colour
- One 5 inch square in a third contrasting colour
By using a variety of fabric and colour combinations you can make strikingly looking quilts quite easily.
Using 3 fabrics
Using 2 fabrics
This is another block layout that can be obtained with the same tutorial: