I made this quilt top for the back of a quilt but I liked it so much that I decided this could be a quilt on its own right.
Finished quilt size: 51 in x 45.5 in.
Seam allowance is 1/4 inch.
- Fabric scraps in blues, greens, browns and yellows.
- One piece of yellow fabric 53 in x 18 in
- One piece of blue fabric 53 in x 18 in
- 5 strips of white fabric measuring 2.5 in x 53 in
- batting piece 53 in x 47 in
- backing fabric piece 53 in x 47 in
Cut 68 fabric scraps in rectangles measuring 3.5 in x 2 in. Use a similar amount of blues, greens, browns and yellows.
Cut 68 cream fabric rectangles measuring 3.5 in x 2 in.
Assemble as per picture above alternating rectangles in colour and white with about 17 print rectangles per column.
Stitch alternating columns of white and rectangles as per picture above to obtain a large rectangle.
Assemble as per picture above.
Detail of quilt
The quilt sandwich is stipple quilted.