- Embroidered quilt tutorial: Part I and Part II
- Quilted and embroidered Christmas wall hanging tutorial
- Elf quilted and embroidered wall hanging tutorial
- Merry Christmas embroidery tutorial
- Embroidery Noel wall hanging tutorial
- Peace wall hanging tutorial
- Christmas mini quilt tutorial
- Little Forest Christmas wall hanging tutorial
- Christmas embroidery mounted on canvas tutorial
- Christmas tree softie tutorial
- Patchwork Christmas tree softie tutorial
- 36 x 2 inch squares
- fabric scraps for the bottom of the softie
- some ribbon
- fusible interfacing
- Download Cone shape pattern (PDF)
How to make this patchwork Christmas ornament
Learn how to make this ornament in 3 minutes:
If you liked the video, subscribe to my YouTube channel.
The fusible interfacing will make the square quite stiff which is ideal for this softie.
Fold the piece in half right side facing together making sure corners match, pin and stitch along the straight line.
Turn the tree inside out and fill with stuffing.
Pin the bottom circle piece to the tree and stitch.
Stitch any embellishments such as bows, stitch little beads, add a felt star to the top.
See my other Christmas tree softie tutorial.
Almost all pieces are cut using a pair of scissors.
I started the constructions by cutting a long strip and then I cut them in sections at irregular intervals. Then I cut small rectangles to insert in between the larger strip sections.
I stiched all bits together as per (this very bad) photo.
This is the next major block I constructed in a similar way as the previous section. I stitched two thick and wide blue pieces to a middle red narrow strip. Then I cut across and the resulting pieces were sewn again with another narrow red strip.
The white block was too wide so I trimmed it and used the trimmed piece to make the other piece larger so that both pieces could be stitched together.
I made a few mini log cabin blocks too.
The bigger the piece the more uneven the sides get.
Square the sides.
Quilt any way you like.
I have so far completed 35 blocks of the Farmer’s wife quilt sampler.