This quilt top has been made using:
- one and a half charm square packs of Hunky Dory by Moda for the blocks
- cream fabric
- scraps of fabric for the prairie point cut in 4 1/2 inch square
- polka dots fabric in pink and pistacho for the sashing
See the other quilt I made with another pack and a half of this same fabric: Disappearing nine patch quilt.
Quilt finished size
65 x 51 1/2 inches.
How to make a disappearing 9-patch variation block
This is a short 2 minute video demonstrating how to cut your initial 9 patch block and how to rearrange it afterwards.
How to make prairie points
My prairie points lie next to each other without overlapping.
To calculate how many you need:
- Write down the size of the prairie point, eg 4 inches
- Divide the size of the side of the quilt, eg 60 inches, and divide by 4 inches
- You’ll need 15 prairie points
To make a 4 inch prairie point you’ll need a 4 1/2 inch square of fabric.
I used the open folds at centre prairie point assembly but did not overlap my points.
Detail of prairie points