Based on two ideas by:
- Lovely little handmades – Download the free pattern by Annie Oakleaves or buy the whole Christmas collection
- PlanetCoco embroidery mounted on canvas (mounting idea and using felt and embroidery together)
- Fabric scraps in red and white for the bottom part of the piece
- Fabric scraps in green, red and cream to sew around the outer frame
- Stranded cotton in light and dark green, gold and red
- Felt in red and beige
- Beads in red and green
Place white and red fabric over calico fabric slightly overlapping and cut making waves using a rotary cutter. I followed Pink Chalk Studio’s tutorial on wavy seams.
Turn and iron making sure your surface is flat.
Draw the design on the calico side using a pencil.
Mount on an embroidery hoop and start doing the embroidery.
Long and short stitches
The felt is lightly glued to the fabric so it doesn’t move when working with it.
When finished, stretch on a canvas.